It was very simple, here's what I used:
- scrap of tshirt knit
- 1.5" strip of quilting cotton (the cotton her top was made from)
- tiny scrap of coordinating cotton
- pearl beads
- needle and thread
I started with a scrap of tshirt knit, about three inches wide by just a little less than the distance around her head, about 18" or so.
Then I turned in the edges of the short sides by about a half inch each, turning to what will be the right side.
Then I took my scraps of cotton and made a couple of fabric flowers. For the larger one, I ripped a strip of the cotton I made her top from in a 1.5" strip. I knotted it in the center and wrapped/twisted into a rose shape.
Then I took a tiny (like 1" by 3") piece of coordinating cotton and tied three knots in it. I twisted these little knots into a small loop and they made the look of three small rosebuds, sort of...
(sorry, forgot to get a photo of that!)
I folded/gathered a piece of green organza ribbon to form a leaf...
...and tacked all these pieces down over the seam of the headband.
All ready to head to school!
(Top- self drafted pattern by me, Skirt- modified, but based on Simplicity 2483)