Monday, January 23, 2012

My Perfect New Cowl–The Renfrew Top

If you are a follower of Tasia over at Sewaholic, then you heard about her latest pattern release this week, The Renfrew Top.

renfrewrenfrew2

A little more than a month ago, I was able to test out this pattern for Tasia. It’s so much fun to be a pattern tester. It was really fun to test a pattern for myself rather than my kids this time too!

This is a great basic tee-shirt design with neckline options and three sleeve length options. It also features banded hems, so no worries about hemming knits with this pattern.

I opted for view C, the Cowl neckline with long sleeves. It is winter here after all. I used a ponte roma knit print from Hancock, I had my eye on it for a while, but when I went to pick it up for this top, it had gone on clearance for $5/yd! Yeah!!

I cut a strait size 8 and followed the instructions almost completely. They are very well written with great illustrations too. The only change I made was to construct it on my serger; the instructions are for sewing on a regular machine. Then, after sewing it up, I did end up narrowing my sleeves just a bit from the elbow down – I have kind of tiny wrists… it runs in the family.

DSC_8887-Edit

DSC_8914-Edit

Here’s a close up of the cowl, which I’m totally in love with. It is, in my opinion, the perfect cowl. I have big plans for this cowl. Hopefully coming soon. We’ll see, I have so much I want to sew, so little time…

DSC_8913-Edit-2

DSC_8908-Edit

And just for kicks, here’s a “great” shot of me adjusting my camera…

DSC_8860-Edit

And one of my little man, who thought taking pictures with a remote was very, very cool.

DSC_8877-Edit

So, if you’re looking for a really nice basic tee or a super cool new cowl, I highly recommend the Renfrew top – head over here to get your own!!

8 comments:

  1. What a fantastic cowl/tee!! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm sold. I was trying to save my coins for random online fabric sales, but you hooked me in with your review from patternreview. I told myself not to click on the link to your blog to see more pics...why didn't I listen. Let me just go peek at the sewaholic site, I hope that I do NOT see any other patterns on their site that I like. If I purchase a pattern, it will be my first from this company. Thanks for the review and gorgeous pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just became your newest follower, hopped over from Simple Simon. That top looks great! Oh, and those jackets you made for your kids, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading your blog when I get a chance to pop in and am really excited about this top! Great review, great pics - can't wait to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this pattern on my list. Really love the fit in the illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer, I came across your blog by who-knows-what, but I'm so glad I found it! You really make awesome and perfectly sewn clothes and wow... your daughters and son are só cute. Great models to be inspired by I guess! I will definitely be stopping by regularly from now on. Bye! Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I just got this pattern and I was trying to decide what neck to make! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...